[TODO] Allow commenting of variables ...

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема [TODO] Allow commenting of variables ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I would like to implement following item from TODO list:

* Allow commenting of variables in postgresql.conf to restore them to
defaults. Currently, if a variable is commented out, it keeps the
previous uncommented value until a server restarted.

Does anybody work on it?

I performed some investigation and I found that signal handler
(SIGHUP_handler) contents a big code and contents signal nonsafe
functions. It should generate deadlock or damage some internal data
structure in the standard c library. See
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/xsh_chap02_04.html for detail. By my opinion is necessary to
rewritesignal handling in postmaster to avoid postgres malfunction.

Zdenek