Re: pg_restore duplicate key violations

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: pg_restore duplicate key violations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/08/2006 06:42:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:
> > I'm having trouble with a dump and restore:
>
> Um ... it looks to me like you're trying to restore into an existing
> table that already has the same data loaded ...

Thanks everybody, the problem was in the schemas and my default
search path.  Somehow when upgrading to 8.1.3 I wound up with
the public schema put back into all my databases, and my
search paths of the databases set back to the default $user,public.

I can see how the public schema got there, this time I did not
delete the public schema from template1.  I'm not so sure about
the search path.  Obviously, I did not do my pg_restore properly
when reloading databases.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein