Re: simple md5 authentication problems

От robert
Тема Re: simple md5 authentication problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruno Wolff III escreveu:

> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 23:10:31 +0900,
>   kmh496 <kmh496@kornet.net> wrote:
> > doesn't that user have to exist since you are using ident method?  that
> > means unix username == postgres username.
> > do you have a user named maragato_test on the system?
> > did you create that user in postgres and on the system?
>
> Note that you can create custom mappings for which the unix user is not
> the same as the postgres user.

I don't want to use ident and the unix user name. Let me try and
simplify my question:

1) Isn't the user 'postgres' pre-configured? Running this seems to
imply so: 'select datname from pg_database;'
    datname
---------------
 postgres

2) Is there a way to use this user 'postgres' with a non-root unix
account _not_ named postgres? I just want _any_ method - md5, ident,
whatever, that allows access to my db with user 'postgres' from an
account called myuser1, myuser2, and myuser3. Tomorrow it might be
myuser4.

3) I'm willing to try and use custom mappings if that's the easiest way
to solve my problem.

Thanks for the help,
Robert