Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 18:07, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Please keep replies copied to the list so that others can learn from and
> contribute to the discussion. I don't remember where this was, but it looks
> like general is probably reasonable.

Sorry. I didn't notice. I'll keep that in mind.

> > Yes, my tables contains ever grwoing values afected by a UNIQUE
> > constraint.
> >
> > What would I do next ?
> >
> > jmf
> > (Pg is 7.2, rpm install, Fedora Core 3)
>
> 7.2 is subject to index bloat for indexes where the column increase monotonicly
> and old values are deleted. In the short run you will want to schedule
> regular reindexes.

Well... that seems to answer my questions. Thanks.

> In the long run, you should upgrade. 7.2 is essentially without support. I
> beleive there is still a RHEL version using it that is in support, so a
> critical fix might get back ported.

I'll do that.

thanks

jmf

Сообщение: Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....
Сообщение: Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....