Re: Google Summer of Code: Full Disjunctions

От ana_cata_hylo@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Google Summer of Code: Full Disjunctions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tzahi

Since you seem to know about full disjunctions, I was wondering if you
could answer this question:

Can full disjunction be implemented as a binary operator?

The algorithms I've seen for computing it seem to require that all
input relations be supplied at once. Even in your message above you
specified your example as FD(A,B,C) rather than say (A fd B) fd C.
So I was wondering if the latter is possible?

The reason I ask is that I'm currently trying to solve a problem that
could in principle be solved using FD but it would fit into my current
framework much better if it were a binary operator like the other
joins.

Thanks in advance.
Lee