Re: Alternative for vacuuming queue-like tables

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Alternative for vacuuming queue-like tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > actually does work, I can confirm that. Is it violating MVCC maybe ?
>
> Yes :-(.  I think you can get away with it if all your transactions that
[snip]

Well, I actually don't want to get away this time :-)

This table is only processed by the queue manager and that uses very
short transactions, basically only atomic insert/update/delete. No long
running transaction will ever touch that table.

So this fits perfectly my queue cleanup needs.

Cheers,
Csaba.