Re: thread hang on execute call

От Pavan Kumar
Тема Re: thread hang on execute call
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
hi
 i had 15 worker threads running and performing xml parsing and then
database operation on hug data(most operation are update). I am not sure
but what i think is that my threads stuck one by one due to
unavailability of memory or some other resources. but i was not able to
get exact problem.

 Then i tried with single thread and it worked well for me.
now i have been testing it with 5 threads and i haven't seen any problem
so far.

Thanks
Pavan Kumar
On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 12:40 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> David,
>
> Is there any way to simulate this. I'd like to get to the bottom of
> it. I re-read your posts, and it appears you are using an old version
> of the driver.
>
> Dave
> On 17-Apr-06, at 11:48 AM, David Hustace wrote:
>
> > Pavan,
> >
> >> hi
> >> i sending procedure as attachments that is called by java program.
> >> please  get it from attachments.
> >> i creates 15 worker threads and there is queue for job.
> >> worker threads get job from queue if it there and do some db
> >> operation.
> >> and wait if there is no job in queue. there is another thread that
> >> push
> >> job in queue.
> >> since whole processing takes time.....so worker threads always
> >> find job
> >> in queue.
> >
> > Did you ever resolve this issue?  I had a similar thread running on
> > this recently:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-01/msg00124.php
> >
> > and I haven't any closer on your thread, either.
> >

> > -David
> >

> > David Hustace
> > The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
> > Main  : +1 919 545 2553   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
> > Direct: +1 919 827 1201   Skype: dhustace
> > Key Fingerprint: 8EC1 F319 2C1D 3197 AAB9  580F FACD 1D19 175E D903

> >               http://archives.postgresql.org

Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Website:  http://www.netcore.co.in
Spamtraps: http://cleanmail.netcore.co.in/directory.html

Support FAQ : http://support.netcore.co.in/

This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If
  error)  please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
  unauthorized copying, disclosure, use or distribution of the material in
  this e-mail is strictly forbidden.