Re: Regrading TODO item alerting pg_hba.conf from SQL

От Gevik Babakhani
Тема Re: Regrading TODO item alerting pg_hba.conf from SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello again :)

> It doesn't seem particularly complicated: inside the connection-startup
> transaction done by InitPostgres, you could check to make sure the
> selected user has the CONNECT privilege on the selected database.
> [ looks at code... ]  Actually ReverifyMyDatabase is the right place,
> since it already has its hands on the pg_database row.  You don't want
> this to cost an extra pg_database search during startup.

I looked at the code as suggested. (so far many questions but I guess
all in right time)

Anyway... would it be correct to start any connection checking
inside the if statement from line 186 "if (IsUnderPostmaster && !
IsAutoVacuumProcess())" in method ReverifyMyDatabase? Sorry for being
too trivial, but I want to be sure.

Regards,
Gevik.