Question about partitioning

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Question about partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am writing a tutorial (in Turkish) on partitioning and I have a
question that I could not find the answer of.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/ddl-partitioning.html

This doc suggests to write a rule in order to be sure that data is
entered to the latest partition. Also it says that we need to redefine
this rule every month (based on the example there).

So the question is: What if we forget to redefine this? Data will not be
entered to the table defined in the rule because the check constraint
will not allow this.

So, is there a better solution than running a cron job (which redefines
this rule) at the first second of each month?

Regards,
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/