Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Список pgsql-hackers
> That's only going to be true for very high end systems with multiple raid
> controllers and dozens of spindles.

Not true. I have a system right now that would benifit. My database is
only 500 megs and I have 2 gig of ram and two processors... I only have
a raid 1, but that is o.k. because most things are cached in memory
anyway.

> On the other hand even moderately sized dual-core systems could probably
> benefit from being able to perform multiple cpu-intensive operations
> simultaneously.

See above :)

Joshua D. Drake

--
           === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===     Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997