Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 13:36 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> An idea arising in chat with Joshua Drake:  the retargetting code, if it
> turns out to work and not be excessively expensive, could also be useful
> to implement a server-side "connection pooling" of sorts: the postmaster
> could keep idle backends and retarget them to a database that receives
> an incoming connection.  However, we'd also need a mechanism to clean
> all backend state previous to reusing a connection, to leave it "as
> new" (no prepared statements, WITH HOLD cursors, etc.)

I suspect that's what I was calling 'pre-forking'. Please also note that
this would be the most difficult of my three examples (by difficulty of
implementation).

Regards

Markus

Сообщение: Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Сообщение: Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor