Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 17:22 +0800, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> Check the code InitPostgres(). These global varaibles are scattered in many
> places, so I am not sure if it is easy to write clean code to clear up these
> variables. But if you can come up with a patch to do reconnect without
> disconnect, that will be cool.

Yes, that's where I've been playing around already. Not with much
success until now, though. :-(

> This is a problem for parallel query execution. I suspect we can't run with
> superuser privileges for now and for future. For now, I am not clear if
> there is any ACL check at query execution stage -- seems should not be, at
> least for DML. For future, I am pretty clear that this is not the way -- the
> mere possibility of future support of audit or MAC will bring in mind the
> reason.

(What's audit or MAC?)

Well, then let such a slave backend inherit access rights from it's
caller. You'd still save rechecking of passwords or such. And you save
the client connection.

I'll give the retargetting code another try. If anybody has some hints
on what stumbling blocks and potholes to watch out for on the way
there...

Regards

Markus