Re:

От Ragnar
Тема Re:
Список pgsql-performance
On sun, 2006-04-09 at 12:47 +0200, Doron Baranes wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am running on postgres 7.4.6 on a pineapp with 512MB RAM.
>
> I did a database vacuum analyze and rebuild my indexes.

If you have previously done a lot of deletes or updates
without regular vacuums, you may have to do a
  VACUUM FULL ANALYZE
once to get the table into normal state.

After this, regular normal VACUUM ANALYZE should be
enough.

> When I perform queries on tables of 2M-10M of rows it takes several
> minutes and

We would need to see the output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE
for your query, along with some information about
the schema of the tables involved, such as what indexes
have been created.

Also, let us know about any non-default configuration.

gnari