Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Список pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, L, 2006-04-08 kell 18:47, kirjutas Luke Lonergan:

> I agree - there is a real continuing need for overlapped scan and execution,
> though I'm not sure quite how to get it efficiently using inter-process
> communication.  The AIO interface is nicely proven at this point, but to
> Tom's point, it's non-portable.
>
> What we see now is that the executor is CPU bound at about 300MB/s scan rate
> using modern Opteron CPUs.

Where exactly does the CPU spend its time at 300MB/s ? Is it mainly I/O
related processing,  processing pages into in-memory tuples or something
else ?

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Сообщение: Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor