Re: php to import csv to postgres

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: php to import csv to postgres
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 17:27, Chris wrote:
> SunWuKung wrote:
> > I am not sure I should be posting this here, but I guess you are the
> > people most likely be able to answer this.
> >
> > I have been looking for a user friendly php script to import csv into
> > Postgres (set separator, preview data, match columns - or any of these).
> > I found many for MySQL but  none that would work with Postgres.
> >
> > Maybe somebody could direct me to such a script.
>
> Copy might be able to do it for you:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-copy.html
>
> use ',' as the delimiter.

And, if you're stuck with an older version of PostgreSQL that can't do
cvs, you should look up this command:

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php

tres cool if you've got a csv file to import, you just read in each line
with that, and it gives you a numerically indexed array of each field,
ready to go.  Quite useful, even for other stuff.  And yes, it does
understand things like commas in the middle of the field and all that.