DBI connect returning an empty hash

От Scott Cain
Тема DBI connect returning an empty hash
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,

I am developing a perl module that, when it is created, establishes a
DBI connection to my postgresql database.  The problem I am having is
that when I issue a DBI->connect command, the database handle it returns
is empty (Data::Dumper shows it as an empty hash).  Here is my code:

sub new {   my $class = shift;   my %arg   = @_;
   my $self  = bless {}, ref($class) || $class;

   my $dbname = $arg{dbname};   my $dbport = $arg{dbport};   my $dbhost = $arg{dbhost};   my $dbuser = $arg{dbuser};
my$dbpass = $arg{dbpass};   my $notrans= $arg{notransact};

   warn $dbname,$dbport,$dbhost;   warn $dbuser,$notrans;
   my $dbh = DBI->connect(       "dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbname;port=$dbport;host=$dbhost",       $dbuser,       $dbpass,
{AutoCommit=> $notrans,        TraceLevel => 4}   ) or die;

   warn Dumper($dbh);
   ...etc...

The trace output doesn't show anything strange, and DBI.pm at least
seems to think things went OK, because it doesn't `die` on that line.

I wrote a simple test script that does exactly the same thing, and it
works.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be going on
here?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain@cshl.edu