Re: bad performance on Solaris 10

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: bad performance on Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > Yeah - looks good! (is the default open_datasync still?). Might be worth
> > trying out the fdatasync method too (ISTR this being quite good... again
> > on Solaris 8, so things might have changed)!
>
> I was just talking to a member of the Solaris-UFS team who recommended that we
> test fdatasync.

Ok, so I did a few runs for each of the sync methods, keeping all the
rest constant and got this:

open_datasync      0.7
fdatasync          4.6
fsync              4.5
fsync_writethrough not supported
open_sync          0.6

in arbitrary units - higher is faster.

Quite impressive!

Bye, Chris.

От: Leigh Dyer
Сообщение: Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3
От: "Juan Casero \(FL FLC\)"
Сообщение: Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3