Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 15:54, Juan Casero (FL FLC) wrote:
> I am not sure about this.  I mean I have postgresql 8.1.3 running on my
> Windows XP P4 HT laptop that I use for testing my webapps.  When I hit
> this pgsql on this laptop with a large query I can see the load spike up
> really high on both of my virtual processors.  Whatever, pgsql is doing
> it looks like both cpu's are being used indepently. The usage curve is
> not identical on both of them that makes me think that parts of the
> server are multithreaded.  Admittedly I am not familiar with the source
> code fo postgresql so I was hoping maybe one of the developers who is
> could definitely answer this question.

I think that really depends on your workload.

Are you going to have a dozen or so transactions running at a time?
then regular postgresql is probably ok.

If you're gonna be running only one or two big, fat, hairy reporting
queries, then you might wanna look at the bizgress mpp version.

Note that some queries lend themselves to parallel processing more than
others.