Re: giving users access to specific databases

От joseph
Тема Re: giving users access to specific databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2006-04-01 (토), 21:19 -0500, Robert Treat 쓰시길:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 18:51, chris smith wrote:
> > On 4/1/06, postgresql@teska.net <postgresql@teska.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm hoping someone can tell me how to go about this, or if a solution is
> > > even possible with my current set up.  I realize this question may go
> > > beyond pure postgres topics and have to do more with how my hosting
> > > company has their servers configures, but this group seemed like my best
> > > option  for help.  If anyone has suggestions on what other groups might
> > > be helpful to post this question to, I would really appreciate it.
> > >
> > > I do my database & application work on a shared Linux server provided by
> > > my hosting company.  It appears they have just one installation of
> > > postgres on the server and that all of their customers on that server are
> > > able to create databases and users under their account.  I'm not quite
> > > sure how they have enabled specific user accounts for access to my
> > > specific part of the server, but I do know that when I log in I have
> > > access to a cpanel interface, email configuration, all of my files on the
> > > server, access to create new postgres databases and a link to phpPgAdmin.
> >
> > Do you get the option to create a new database user? You could create
> > a new user and give that user access to your database.
> >

> Yeah, we're just window dressing atop the postgresql authentication scheme,
> which means we allow you to do anything you want that postgresql itself
> allows.

you should play around with phpPgAdmin for a while and let us know
specifically what we can help you with.

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: [Slightly OT] data model books/resources?
От: joseph
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL makes me lie