Re: [SQL] Flight numbers data

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [SQL] Flight numbers data
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 10:50 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> > Has anyone from the postgresql camp ever solved such a problem?
>
> Where I work, we're building a middle level system (look up the website
> that goes with my domain).  And if we weren't in the airline reservation
> industry, we couldn't afford the data sets.
>
> > It is just that i wanna do it right, maybe play a little bit with AJAX
> > also who knows :)
>
> But "doing it right" goes against almost every tenet of the airline
> reservation industry :)  haha.  only serious.

Yeh, IATA don't have a normalised data model, so you're badly out of
luck there.

There are some reasonable books on Data Modelling from Wiley you can get
with fair models in, plus Kimball has a simplified data model in his
Toolkit book.

I'd make sure you get your requirements straight, otherwise the data
model will grow and grow as each new strange-but-true wierdness emerges.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs