Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Дата
Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 05/13/2015 11:38 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> * Grouping Sets
>>
>> I had originally promised to be committer for this one, and still want
>> to go look at it, but Robert's nearby message about not committing stuff
>> in haste definitely seems to apply.

> That makes me sad. I wish you would still try.

FWIW, I did go look at this patch, and concluded it was not close enough
to ready to try to squeeze it in now.  (I think Andres isn't convinced
of that yet, but time grows short, and I quite agree with Robert that
committing almost-ready patches at this stage of the game is a bad idea.)

The good news on this front is that Salesforce has recently taken an
interest in having GROUPING SETS capability, so I should be able to
find more time to work on this over the next month or two.  What I am
now hoping for is to work it over and have something ready to push as
soon as the 9.6 branch opens.

What I intend to spend my time on over the next day or so is fixing
the GB18030 conversion problem (bug #12845), which looks like a small
enough task to finish before feature freeze.