Re: where to find pg_config....

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: where to find pg_config....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 01:16 -0600, Clyde Swann wrote:
> running fedora 2...  just installed postgresql 7.4.12 from postgresql
> website because the version that came with fedora core 2  did not have
> the pg_config in postgres-devel.  now this one does not either.  what
> gives?

Fedora Core 2 RPMs (of Fedora) provide pg_config:

[devrim@lc ~]$ rpm -qlp postgresql-devel-7.4.2-1.i386.rpm |grep
pg_config
/usr/bin/pg_config
/usr/include/pg_config.h
/usr/include/pg_config_manual.h
/usr/include/pg_config_os.h
/usr/include/pgsql/server/pg_config.h
/usr/include/pgsql/server/pg_config_manual.h
/usr/include/pgsql/server/pg_config_os.h
/usr/share/man/man1/pg_config.1.gz

However, I suggest you to upgrade to PGDG RPMs since even their legacy
updates have 7.4.8, but the current version is 7.4.12:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v7.4.12/rpms/fedora/fedora-core-2/

(postgresql-devel package includes pg_config)

Also, you may want to upgrade to latest version:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.3/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-
core-2/

Regards,
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/