Re: Logging of sql statements?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Logging of sql statements?
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 15:19, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:01:17 -0600
> Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote:
>

> > > If I try the same from a client, I get the same result.. But when running from my webapp (using
> > > Hibernate), only question marks appear....?
> >
> > Again, I'm pretty sure this is a known issue with the JDBC driver
> > version.  If you can force your JDBC driver to run under the previous
> > protocol, you should get the old behaviour.
>

> So basically, I need a JDBC driver like version 7.4 Build 216 instead of my version 8.1 Build 405 driver?
> What about 8.2dev Build 501, does it fix it? And if so, how stable is that version?

The problems is not in the driver itself, it's associated with the
change in the front end / back end protocol.  I.e. With 8.x the protocol
was upped to V3.  V2 fe/be protocol communications still get logged with
the parameters, but V3 don't.  There might be a setting in the jdbc
driver to change this, but I'm not real familiar with the JDBC driver
really, I just use it.

Сообщение: Re: version problem with pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: version problem with pg_dump