Re: Remote Sync

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Remote Sync
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 17:12 -0500, Daniel Blaisdell wrote:
> I am currently in a situation where I have a distributed application
> between a few remote nodes all connecting to a central database. I
> have been searching for a database replication or synchronization
> system that will allow a disconnected node to operate independently of
> the central database. The ultimate intention of this type of system is
> to have an application operate off of data locally and have those
> changes synced in the background.
>
> >From the research I've done, Slony doesn't support multi-master
> writers. PGCluster and ExtenDB seem to require all nodes be next to
> each other with the ultimate goal of local load balancing.
>
> Are there any solutions that come close to the requirements I'm after?
>
> Thanks for any input,

Is this situation multi-master? If you partition your data at each
distributed node, then each is a single master to different data. You
can then make the central database the slave to multiple distributed
master databases.

Remote table1 -> central table1
Remote table2 -> central table2 etc

You can then link all the central tables together using:
- inheritance partitioning
- UNION ALL views

Best Regards, Simon Riggs