Re: Proposal for updatable views

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Proposal for updatable views
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 23:39 +0800, William ZHANG wrote:
> Maybe you can fix it like UNIONJOIN.

Indeed, that is one option. Because the syntax is WITH [ LOCAL |
CASCADED ] CHECK OPTION, ISTM we'll actually need three new tokens:
WITH_LOCAL, WITH_CASCADED, and WITH_CHECK, which is even uglier :-( Per
a suggestion from Dennis Bjorklund, it might be cleaner to introduce a
lexer hack for the places where WITH can occur in a SelectStmt, which I
believe is just WITH TIME ZONE.

> But Tom said he want to remove the support for UNION JOIN and save the
> overhead

It would be unfortunate to revert the change, but I doubt the overhead
is very significant. Does anyone have any better suggestions for how to
resolve the problem? (My Bison-foo is weak, I have to confess...)

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: Proposal for updatable views
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for updatable views