Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> I looked through 224 locations where SpinLockAcquire and found some.

Yeah, I made a similar scan and arrived at about the same conclusions.
I think that the memcpy and strlcpy calls are fine; at least, we've got
to transport data somehow and it's not apparent why those aren't OK ways
to do it.  The one use of StrNCpy is annoying from a cosmetic standpoint
(mainly because it's Not Like Anywhere Else) but I'm not sure it's worth
changing.

The condition-variable code has a boatload of spinlocked calls of the
proclist functions in proclist.h.  All of those are straight-line code
so they're okay performance wise, but I wonder if we shouldn't add a
comment to that header pointing out that its functions must not throw
errors.

The only other thing I remain concerned about is some instances of atomic
operations inside spinlocks, which I started a separate thread about [1].

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1141819.1591208385%40sss.pgh.pa.us