Re: [HACKERS] PQdeleteTuple function in libpq

От Pavel Golub
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PQdeleteTuple function in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello, Andrew.

You wrote:

AC> On 6/2/2011 4:28 AM, Pavel Golub wrote:
>> Hello, Andrew.
>>
>> You wrote:

>> AC>  IMHO, this should be handled by the application.  You could track tuples
>> AC>  removed in an int[] or copy the result set into an application defined
>> AC>  array of C structures.  I've always been under the impression that
>> AC>  PGresult objects are immutable once delivered to the application.
>>

>> Andrew, why we have PQmakeEmptyPGresult, PQcopyResult,
>> PQsetResultAttrs, PQsetvalue and PQresultAlloc in this case? Of course
>> there's no big deal with their absence but let's be consistent.
>>

AC> I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but can't you use
AC> PQmakeEmptyPGresult, PQsetResultAttrs and PQsetvalue to construct a
AC> result that excludes the tuples you don't want followed by a
AC> PQclear(initial_result)?

Well, yes. I can. But don't you think it's too complex? Plus such
approach uses twice as much memory.

--
With best wishes,Pavel                          mailto:pavel@gf.microolap.com

От: "Miguel García"
Сообщение: ...
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PQdeleteTuple function in libpq