Re: [pgsql-general] Daily digest v1.5986 (24 messages)

От Marc Munro
Тема Re: [pgsql-general] Daily digest v1.5986 (24 messages)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sylvain,
All of the things you want to do can be done using Veil:
http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/

Be warned though, it is not simple.  If you want privileges at the
column level, or based on a where clause, you will have to use
techniques like Veil's secured views.

It's better to avoid this sort of complexity if you can.  Try reading
the documentation though, it may give you some ideas.

__
Marc

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 23:45 -0400, pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
wrote:
> Date: 4 Mar 2006 05:08:27 -0800
> From: sylsau14@hotmail.com
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: Questions about privileges
>
> Hello,
>
> For an exercise at university, I have several SQL queries to find to
> manage privileges on a database.
> I didn't found all the queries.
>
> So, this is my problem :
>
> I have got one table named books with several columns.
> * The first question is :
>
> - All users can find titles, codes and prices of books (which are
> columns of the table books)
>
> For the moment, I did this :   grant select on table books to public;
>
> But with this solution, all users can find information about all the
> attributes of the table books and not only about titles, codes and
> prices.
> So, I would like if a solution existed for that (to allow all users to
> access only at the columns titles, codes and prices).
>

> * My second question is :
>
> - Mister X can create an index on the table books
>
> For the moment, I did this :   grant create on tablespace books to X;
>
> Is that good ?
>

> * My third question is :
>
> - Mister X can update the structure of the table books
>
> For that, I don't know how I can do. Someone would have an idea to do
> that ?
>

> *  My last question is :
>
> - Mister X can update the column quantity of the table books where the
> column codes is equal to 2 but He can't access at others datas of the
> table books.
>
> For the moment, I found how to limit the update at the column quantity
> of the table books with the following query :
>
> grant update(quantity) on books to X;
>
> But, I don't know how to limit the update of the column quantity only
> where column codes is equal to 2.
> Someone would have an idea to do that ?
>
> Thanks to help me.
>
> Sylvain.