Re: fsutil ideas

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: fsutil ideas
Дата
Re: fsutil ideas  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 19:12, Rod Taylor wrote:
> > Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca> writes:
> > > I watch for table bloat but I haven't figured out a nice way of tracking
> > > down the postgresql process with the oldest transaction running short of
> > > patching PostgreSQL to report the XID for a connection in
> > > pg_stat_activity.

But I'm afraid that a long running transaction with many short queries
will not even show up in pg_stat_activity. So that's not a completely
reliable way of catching long running transactions... but it's true that
most of the time a long running query is the problem, and that is
catchable.

Cheers,
Csaba.