Re: Patch Submission Guidelines

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 21:47 -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 22:54 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 17:28 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > IMHO the thing we are really seriously short of is patch reviewers.
> [...]
> > Well that was the basis of my original suggestion. Publish some
> > guidelines and everybody becomes a patch reviewer.
>
> I agree guidelines would be help, but I hope (and doubt!) that is not
> what is stopping people from reviewing patches. Anyone with the time and
> inclination can review patches, guidelines or not

Yes, anyone can review patches, but will the patch submitter listen to
what has been said by the reviewer? Will a committer need to correct the
review comments?

If there is a park with a rule like "Keep Off the Grass" then it seems
most sensible to put up a sign that says that, rather than increase the
number of park keepers to explain the rules. Not everybody will take
notice of the sign, true, but it does allow non-park keepers to point
out that a guideline has not been followed. (Fairly sure that "KOtG"
should not be part of the PostgreSQL FAQ though).

[BTW, your patch reviewers guidelines were very good - FAQ also...]

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Сообщение: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines