Re: getProcedureColumns

От thomas.risberg
Тема Re: getProcedureColumns
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thanks Kris.  I'll keep an eye on the 8.3dev drivers.

A related question - I have the following proc declaration:

create function my_proc(in_text in varchar, in_number in numeric, out_result
out varchar, out_text out varchar) RETURNS record

Since there are multiple out parameters it seemed as if I was forced to
declare the return as a record. Is this assumption correct?

Looking at the metadata for this proc I see:
- my_proc 5 1111 record
- my_proc 1 12 varchar
- my_proc 1 2 numeric

but this doesn't seem to be enough tp actually build the call statement and
executing the proc.  Using con.prepareCall("{? = call my_proc(?, ?)}") - I
get org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: A CallableStatement was excecuted
with an invalid number of parameters.

Switching to con.prepareCall("{? = call my_proc(?, ?, ?)}") I can get it to
work but only by registering two  out parameters of Types.VARCHAR.  So it
seems that it is not possible to construct the appropriate call sequence
just based on the metadata when there are multiple out parameters.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas Risberg