Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> You do know that statement_timeout can be changed freely via SET,
> right?  One way to attack this would be for the clients that are
> issuing known long-running queries to do "SET statement_timeout"
> to boost up their allowed runtime.

How does this apply to autovacuum's long running vacuum commands ? Cause
I have one table where the last vacuum took 15 hours :-)

It's true that now after migration to 8.1 I do the vacuuming manually
for that one and disabled it for autovacuum, but I still could have
other tables which would vacuum in more than 5 minutes (that would be my
statement_timeout for ordinary processes).

Cheers,
Csaba.

Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user