Request to have VACUUM ignore cost based limits

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Request to have VACUUM ignore cost based limits
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Just had a situation where a database was reloaded and needed to
be vacuum analyzed before it could be used.  I believe the
cost-based vacuum delay slowed this down considerably.
(I could be wrong, but there was darn little load on the
system...)

It would have been nice to have an option to SQL's VACUUM that would
ignore the cost-based delays so as to bring that database back
to life as rapidly as possible.  (Likewise the vacuumdb shell
command.)

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein

P.S. Thought I'd post here rather than to the deveoper's
list to get some general feedback.