Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries

От Jeffrey W. Baker
Тема Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 13:44 -0500, Luke Lonergan wrote:
> Depesz,

I think you might want to be more specific here.  I would agree with you
for data warehousing, decision support, data mining, and similar
read-mostly non-transactional loads.  For transactional loads RAID-5 is,
generally speaking, a disaster due to the read-before-write problem.

While we're on the topic, I just installed another one of those Areca
ARC-1130 controllers with 1GB cache.  It's ludicrously fast: 250MB/sec
burst writes, CPU-limited reads.  I can't recommend them highly enough.

-jwb

PS: Could you look into fixing your mailer?  Your messages sometimes
don't contain In-Reply-To headers, and therefore don't thread properly.

Сообщение: Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries
Сообщение: Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries