Re: Discerning user vs trigger based updates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Discerning user vs trigger based updates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com> writes:
> I have an update trigger on a table that in turn updates other records of that same table.  I need to be able to
discernbetween when a user is updating a record in the table vs when the update trigger is reflexively calling itself.
Isthere an elegant way to do this?

No.  Generally that sort of design is a foot-gun ... you should
reconsider the schema arrangement that requires this.

От: "Gauthier, Dave"
Сообщение: Discerning user vs trigger based updates
От: "Jonathan Tripathy"
Сообщение: Syntax error near returning