Rules: passing new/old to functions

От Gunter Diehl
Тема Rules: passing new/old to functions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
How to pass the special variables new / old to functions?

e.g. I'd like to to something like this (v is a view):

create funtion f1(v, v) returns void as '...'
create rule vupt as on update to v do instead select f1(new, old)

While accepting this definitions, pg says it can not handle "whole-tuple
references" at runtime.

using: select f(new) from new    doesn't work either: pg says relation new
doesn't exist.

Since I need to handle tables with more than 20 columns, it would be uggly
if I had to pass every single value to the function as follows:
select f1(new.1, ..., new.n, old.1, ..., old.n)
create function f1(typeof 1, ..., typeof n, typeof 1, ..., typeofn)

I'd be glad for any kind of suggestion.

regards,Gunter

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: