Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 13:01, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Jim Nasby, Gevik and I have been talking about launching a new Knowledge
> Base project, since the previous one sort of foundered short of
> implementation.  There are several corporate backers of PostgreSQL who
> would like to see such a thing up and running in the next 6 months or
> less, and are willing to put some resources behind it.
>

> We're just starting to discuss requirements now.   We've set up a
> mailing list on Gevik's Kennisgres project:
> http://pgfoundry.org/mail/admin/?group_id=1000145
> ... mostly because it was convenient; one of the things we'll be
> discussing is whether or not we will be using Gevik's Kennisgres code.
>
> Anyway, if you are interested in designing/planning/contributing
> to/writing for a knowledge base for postgresql.org, please join us over
> there.  Once we have a set of funcitonal requirements and a plan, we'll
> drag it over here to get shot full of holes.

If we are going to discuss adding a KB to the postgresql.org sites,
shouldn't we discuss it right here? And didn't we have this discussion
of requirements once already before Gevik looked into drupal? Why are we
going to rehash it on yet another projects mailing list? And what does
that project have to do with the kb? From what I have looked at it
before, it was a .net based cms software, has the direction of that
project changed? I'm confused.

Robert Treat