VARCHAR, CHAR types changed ?

От lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Тема VARCHAR, CHAR types changed ?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I am trying the new, or most actual database under Windows 2000 (8.0).
This driver don't let
my test application crash. Compared to the old driver and Database
(07.03.0200), my
other application should run too.

But I get some unexplainable changes in supported types. My
VARCHAR(100) and even,
if I change it to CHAR(100), isn't any more supported.

(The error message from me reports -8 as DataType)

What has been changed ?

Thanks, Lothar

My detection code for data types looks like this:

switch (DataType) {
        case SQL_CHAR:
        case SQL_VARCHAR:
        case SQL_LONGVARCHAR:
                buffer = malloc((ColumnSize+1)*rows);
                _DataType = DataType;
                bound = 1;                           // Try a spacer
for bugfix
                memset(buffer, 0, (ColumnSize+1)*rows+20);
                ret = SQLBindCol(hstmt, column, SQL_C_DEFAULT, buffer,
(ColumnSize+1),
                &cbBufferLength);
                if (ret != SQL_SUCCESS) query->dbError("SQLBindCol()",
hstmt);
                break;
        default:
                cout << "lbBoundColumn::bindColumn(...) failed: " <<
                "Unknown or not supported datatype for column '" <<
                columnName << "': " << DataType << endl;
                break;
}