Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues

От pedro farinha
Тема Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Kris,
The binding and display works fine with the postgresql-8.2dev-500pf.jdbc3.jar, I am using Java1.5 (Creator ships with it) so I didn't try neither the "EE" or jdbc2 version, but I reckon it should not be a problem
Thanks for that.

Can you tell me if this fix (if that) will be included in the cvs? or in a snapshot? I would like to make a reference to it on the Sun forum.

One other issue:
On the early-access feedback discussion there are some issues relating with changing the transaction isolation level in the middle of the transaction. You know anything about it?

Matthias Jakob posted a solution/workaround, which is basically removing the exception. see below.

Thanks again for fixing this.

public void setTransactionIsolation(int level) throws SQLException
{
if (protoConnection.getTransactionState() != ProtocolConnection.TRANSACTION_IDLE)
//throw new PSQLException(GT.tr("Cannot change transaction isolation level in the middle of a transaction."),
// PSQLState.ACTIVE_SQL_TRANSACTION);
System.out.println("Cannot change transaction isolation level in the middle of a transaction. Old TransactionIsolation "+getTransactionIsolation()+
" new unset TransactionIsolation "+level);

String isolationLevelName = getIsolationLevelName(level);
if (isolationLevelName == null)
throw new PSQLException(GT.tr("Transaction isolation level {0} not supported.", new Integer(level)), PSQLState.NOT_IMPLEMENTED);

String isolationLevelSQL = "SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL " + isolationLevelName;
execSQLUpdate(isolationLevelSQL); // nb: no BEGIN triggered
}

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 22:01, Kris Jurka wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Kris Jurka wrote:

> [People don't like -1 for getColumnDisplaySize()]
>
> I suggest we try returning Integer.MAX_VALUE for a while and see what
> complaints we get.  Objections?

I've adjusted this in cvs.  Please try out one of these jars and let us
know how that works out.

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/pf/

Kris Jurka