Re: Weird disk write load caused by PostgreSQL?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Weird disk write load caused by PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alexander Staubo <alex@purefiction.net> writes:
> I have a production PostgreSQL instance (8.1 on Linux 2.6.15) that
> seems to be writing data to disk at rates that I think are
> disproportional to the update load imposed on the database. I am
> looking for ways to determine the cause of this I/O.

Are you sure that iostat is to be trusted?  The read numbers in
particular look suspiciously uniform ... it would be a strange
query load that would create a read demand changing less than 1%
from hour to hour, unless perhaps that represented the disk's
saturation point, which is not the case if you're not seeing
obvious performance problems.