Re: [RFC,PATCH] SIGPIPE masking in local socket connections

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [RFC,PATCH] SIGPIPE masking in local socket connections
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeremy Kerr <jk@ozlabs.org> writes:
>> The consideration is that the application fails completely on server
>> disconnect (because it gets SIGPIPE'd).  This was long ago deemed
>> unacceptable, and we aren't likely to change our opinion on that.

> OK, understood. I'm guessing MSG_NOSIGNAL on the send() isn't portable
> enough here?

Well, it's certainly not 100% portable, but I wouldn't object to a patch
that tests for it and uses it where it works.

One question that might be a bit hard to answer is whether mere
existence of the #define is sufficient evidence that the feature works.
We've had problems before with userland headers not being in sync
with what the kernel knows.