Re: Partitioning attempts

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Partitioning attempts
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 21:02 +0100, Mikael Carneholm wrote:
> So far so good. Now, the part where it fails to be useful (performance wise) is when you want to make sure a select
queryonly scans the relevant partition(s), as it's not possible to create a conditional SELECT rule using an INSTEAD
select... from ONLY ..., i.e:

There is no need to do this.

Try doing a select against mastertab and you will see that it only
selects from the correct partitions. Look at constraint_exclusion
parameter, which needs to be set on for this to work.

> Also, we would need UPDATE and DELETE rules, but these are tricky as an update may involve both inserting and
deletingrows (if the row belongs to another child table after the update).

Not implemented in 8.1

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: Re: [GENERAL] Sorting problems with SELECT * FROM
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Starting PostgreSQL 8.0.4 with more memory [FreeBSD