Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 18:27 +0300, Andrus wrote:
> Yesterday  computer running Postgres re-boots suddenly. After that,
>
> select * from firma1.klient
>
> returns
>
> ERROR:  invalid page header in block 739 of relation "klient"
>
> I have Quantum Fireball IDE drive, write caching is turned OFF.
> I have Windows XP with FAT32  file system.
> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.0.2 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC)
> 3.4.2 (mingw-special)
>
> Why the corruption occurs ?

Most likely because the IDE was caching the information. IDE drives
sometimes lie about having caching turned on or off.

>   How to avoid data corruption?

You could also have a bad drive.

> Will NTFS file system prevent all corruptions ?

No.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> If yes, how to convert FAT32
> to NTFS without losing data in drive ?
>
> Andrus.

>        match

Сообщение: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Сообщение: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting