Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding

От Troy
Тема Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Probably not, if the way you seem to expect it to work is like Oracle.
> An INOUT parameter isn't some sort of modifiable by-reference variable,
> it's just a shorthand for declaring an IN parameter and an OUT
> parameter.

Thanks for the response.

That makes a lot of sense but I guess I was wishing to make it work in
porting all the oracle pl/sql.

If I have a function with 3 INOUTs and I get a return of (30,20,1) how
should I structure it so I can read only the "1" from another function
call? Should I be doing SETOF? I just haven't figured how to parse
results within functions.. any suggestions for me?

Thank you
Troy

Сообщение: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Сообщение: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting