Re: add_missing_from breaks existing views

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: add_missing_from breaks existing views
Список pgsql-hackers
> What I suggest we do about this is change addImplicitRTE() to set
> inFromCl true for implicitly added RTEs, so that the view rule will
> later be dumped as if the query had been written per spec.

Sounds reasonable. I wonder if this should be backpatched -- ISTM the
proper representation of the view is with an explicit FROM list anyway,
and making the correctness of view definition dependent on a GUC
variable is only asking for trouble.

> 1. Tell people they may have to set add_missing_from = true to reload
> a dump that contains such views.

pg_dump could itself specify "SET add_missing_from = true" before view
definitions. However, that is definitely a hack :(

-Neil