Re: Why different execution times for different instances for the

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Why different execution times for different instances for the
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 13:14 -0700, Kishore B wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am Kishore doing freelance development of J2EE applications.
>

> We switched to use Postgresql recently because of the advantages it
> has over other commercial databases. All went well untill recently,
> untill we began working on an application that needs to maintain  a
> huge database
>

> We are executing a single query that returned very fast on the first
> instance. But when I executed the same query for multiple times, it is
> giving strange results. It is not coming back.
>
> When I checked with the processes running in the system, I observed
> that multiple instances of postmaster are running and all of them are
> consuming very high amounts of memory. I could also observe that they
> are sharing the memory in a uniform distribution across them.
>
> Can you please let me know if you have experienced the same and how do
> you resolved it.
>
> Thank you,
> Kishore.

No, I haven't seen anything like that.

I am forwarding this mail to the general enquiries list, in case anyone
else can help.

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html

От: Peter Wiersig
Сообщение: Re: Installation Problem
От: Noel Whelan
Сообщение: improve 'where not exists' query..