Re: XLog changes for 9.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: XLog changes for 9.3
Дата
Re: XLog changes for 9.3  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Anything changing filenames will break every HA config anybody has
> anywhere.

This seems like nonsense to me.  How many external scripts are likely to
know that we skip the FF page?  There might be some, but not many.

> So you can pretty much kiss goodbye to the idea of pg_upgrade.

And that is certainly nonsense.  I don't think pg_upgrade even knows
about this, and if it does we can surely fix it.

> For me, this one thing alone is sufficient to force next release to be
> 10.0.

Huh?  We make incompatible changes in major versions all the time.
This one does not appear to me to be worse than many others.