Re: pg_stat_bgwriter broken?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_stat_bgwriter broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Worksforme.  You probably need a full recompile and/or initdb

> Yeah, sorry about the noise.  This went away after some more intensive
> rebuilding.  I think I still want to add some regression testing of this
> view as suggested.  If that had been there, I'd have been a lot more
> confident it was my mistake, and not something that just slipped through
> without being tested.

[ shrug... ]  That's one of the simplest views in the entire system.
It's very hard to conceive of a bug that would affect it and not other
views, *especially* such a bug that would be exposed by a test that
doesn't actually exercise the functionality, such as you're suggesting
here.

If the cause was what I suggested, most likely the other stats views
were broken too --- were you able to pass the regression tests in that
state?