Re: Postgresq 8,1 hangs when running function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresq 8,1 hangs when running function
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"ben sewell" <mosherben@gmail.com> writes:
> what I meant was that when I tried executing my function, postgres wouldn't
> return any results and not do anything. CPU Usage would increase to 50% when
> I tried executing the function. The funny thing is that CPU usage was at
> 100% and the sys admin called me up and asked about it. Apparently there
> were 10 instances of postgres running so we ended up having to restart
> anyways.

There are much less aggressive ways of canceling a long-running query
than restarting the whole server.  On Windows I think you need to do
"pg_ctl kill INT <processID>" to stop a query running in a particular
backend process.

Сообщение: Re: Postgresq 8,1 hangs when running function
Сообщение: Re: Postgresq 8,1 hangs when running function