Re: Limitations of PostgreSQL

От Andrew Kelly
Тема Re: Limitations of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 16:49 -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 16:16, Chris Travers wrote:
> > Denis G Dudhia wrote:
> >
> > > Hello There...
> > >
> > > I am new to PostgreSQL.
> > >
> > > I usually check out negative sides of any software or system, before
> > > implementing it or using it.

<snip request for pimples>

<snip pimple list>

Remarkable how exchanges like that continue to leave an impression with
me. I can't believe I'm the only one, though..

Somebody says, "Hey, can you tell me what's wrong with your product?"
And there's an answer from the product's camp: "Well, the consensus is
pretty much this...".

Simple request, honest answer.
That's the kind of currency that should be coined everywhere.

PostgreSQL has a strong and growing following because of its quality and
capability, and more power to it, I say. But there are plenty of us who
have made the choice between equal functionalities, based completely
upon the quality I've just mentioned.

Outstanding, folks.

(as well as outstanding folks)

Andy